29.12.11

29.12.11 by jenswinkler.ch
29.12.11, a photo by jenswinkler.ch on Flickr.

Uli - my 84 year old father-in-law, who lives just next door with Vera (see 1.7.11). He was not pictured yet in my 365 project, so it is 3 to 365 to catch up with that. I wanted to do a McNally inspired photography and received his new book today. I understood the concept of the windy portrait but how stupid can I be after a year of daily strobist work? - McNally did a slow exposure (1/8th of a sec) to catch the wind moving the hair. It was windy and I did the same (1/8th), but it was night - no ambient to show the wind moven hair - got it? I got it. Therefore I put some clouds in the background from an earlier shot today and will have to definitely learn photoshop or gimp or something, masking this hair out with PSE 6 was a pain and I am not satisfied with the result, but maybe there would have been a better way and somebody can tell me how?

Light: SB26 ¼ power, 24mm in a 60cm gridded Ezybox at 8:00 turned a tag away from subject,
SB26 bare 85mm, 1/64 power from 1,5m behind his head, Skyports

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen