17.8.11

17.8.11 by jenswinkler.ch
17.8.11, a photo by jenswinkler.ch on Flickr.

Flour catching.
I don't really know why I decided to make a mess with flour in the kitchen after midnight but I did.
I saw some speed flash pictures with ballon with flour inside exploding severeal months ago, maybe that inspired me.
I timed a sequence of 10 shots with 10sec ibetween to gather some flour from the surface and tried to clap on 10, then started to throw the flower on 9, what gave me the right shot, because my hands are open to catch some light.

Please leave a comment - I am in a lean period at the moment with my 365 - and need some interaction, to keep my motivation up.

Making of here.
Light: Two SB26 left and right (3:00 and 9:00) 50cm above hands, 85mm, 1/8 power, black straw grids, skyports.

2 Kommentare:

  1. No Jens, don't give up! You're still a fix and important part of the daily routine! And on many days the esthetically most pleasing one!

    Very cool - what I like is that you can see that flour in the air is behaving the very same way as liquid or foam would! Really interesting!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you Marc - I appreciate your words - thats what I was looking for - and I didn't want to stop but feel the need for a little kick in the a., to pic up some motivation and creativity

    AntwortenLöschen